The Woodmansterne Houses
The House System is designed to embody the values and ethos of the school and aims to be an integral part of our school community.
House System Objectives:
Our aim is to provide every pupil in each house with the following:
• a sense of belonging within the school community
• opportunities to develop social, academic, physical and practical skills
• a sense of achievement both inside and outside of the classroom
• fun and excitement through competition
• opportunities for leadership
• an awareness of individual and collective responsibility
Pupils are assigned to one of the four houses (Falconbrook, Graveney, Wandle and Effra) on entrance to Reception; siblings become a member of the same house.
Each house is Ied by our ‘Heads of House’ and each member of staff is also attached to a house.
Each house has two elected Primary and Secondary ‘House Captains’ who will act as representatives for all the pupils in their house throughout the year by: helping co-ordinate house teams, organise activities, assemblies, fundraising events, competitions and representing their house at regular house meetings.